Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo 1 A group of Manchester United fans are planning an audacious stunt in a bid to persuade Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo to return to Old Trafford.Taking inspiration from the famous David Moyes protest over the Theatre of Dreams last season, Red Devils supporter group, United Reel, are set to hire a plane and fly a banner reading “COME HOME RONALDO” over Madrid’s La Liga match with Villarreal on Saturday.The die-hard United fans have forked out close to £3,000 for the stunt, which they say will be a message of support for the high-flying forward, who has been linked with a move back to Manchester in recent weeks.“With the current uncertainty regarding Cristiano Ronaldo’s future, United Reel deem it essential that the player can not only feel, but see how much the fans still love him and how proud they are of his achievements since he left Manchester United,” said founder and coordinator, Oli Grandidge.“A plane will fly over the Estadio El Madrigal stadium during Real Madrid’s clash with Villarreal at the weekend, trailing a huge banner with the mid-game message: “COME HOME RONALDO”.“United Reel has active supporters on every continent of the world and we are all united by our love for Cristiano both as a football player and as a person.We won’t stop until we bring Ronaldo home!”The Old Trafford faithful were given a surprise boost in their dream to see the Portugal star back in a Red Devils shirt, with former Real president Ramon Calderon telling talkSPORT a move may be on the cards with Ronaldo becoming disillusioned with life at Madrid.United boss Louis van Gaal then responded to the rumours, insisting a deal would be possible.However, the winger showed no signs of his reported unsettled state as he bagged four fine goals in Los Blancos’ brilliant 5-1 win over Elche.So it seems the United fans will be forced to wait to see if their efforts pay off… read more
Marcelo ensured his new Real Madrid boss Rafael Benitez got off to a winning start at the Bernabeu with a sensational strike against Galatasaray on Tuesday night.After Wesley Sneijder had cancelled out Nacho’s opener, the Brazilian full-back took on three defenders before firing expertly past Fernando Muslera to secure a 2-1 victory for Real.Check it out above!
Liverpool have rejected a £90million bid from Barcelona for midfielder Philippe Coutinho.The Catalan giants are keen to add the Brazilian international to their squad after selling Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record £199million fee.But the LaLiga outfit’s second bid of £76.8million and £13.5million in add-ons has been firmly brushed away by the Reds.LISTEN: ‘Model professional’ Philippe Coutinho will not force Liverpool exit in a World Cup year, talkSPORT toldLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has repeatedly refused to entertain any offers for his star player and continues to insist the 25-year-old will stay at Anfield.The latest offer for Coutinho arrives ahead of the new Premier League season, with Coutinho considered an injury doubt for his side’s trip to Watford on Saturday.LISTEN: Liverpool are under absolutely NO PRESSURE to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, insists Damien ComolliKlopp remained tight-lipped over Coutinho’s future earlier on Wednesday, saying only that his squad was “in a good shape” ahead of the new season.Speaking as the club announced Western Union as their shirt sleeve sponsor, Klopp gave an upbeat summary of how he was feeling about preparations for the new campaign.But he did not make any specific reference to Coutinho and exited the media event before it was opened up for questions.Klopp said: “When we finished last season in fourth position everybody was really happy about it – it was really a good result for a big effort.“We knew also there would be a qualification game, and now it is coming up. But the first challenge we have to face is playing Watford, even though everybody is thinking about the Champions League qualifiers.“So Watford is the first target, and we have a few more days to prepare for this game.“We are in a good shape. The players are in a good mood, the attitude in all the training sessions was really good – yes, there have been one or two little injuries and one bigger (Adam Lallana’s thigh problem), but that is how life is.“We showed it in Dublin again that we are in a good shape. So everything is in a good way – but of course now we have to deliver, and we know that, so we are ready for it.“The freshness is coming back. We are really excited.” 1 The Catalan giants are determined to sign the Brazilian international read more
Former Crystal Palace and West Brom manager Pardew takes over at Dutch strugglers Guardiola has coached some of the world’s best players, including Lionel Messi, Andreas Iniesta and Xavi, and he reckons Foden is destined to reach that level.The 19-year-old, who is viewed as a long-term replacement for David Silva who is set to leave the club at the end of this season, came off the bench in City’s 6-1 win over Kitchee.Guardiola said: “He (Foden) is the most talented player I have ever seen (for his age). His problem is sometimes his manager doesn’t put him in the starting XI. 1 Phil Foden is set to be one of the stars of the future deals targets Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January REVEALED FAREWELL Man United transfer news live: Haaland ‘wants a change’, two players off in January “He deserves all the minutes but with his competitors it isn’t easy. He works incredibly. He knows I’m here to help him.”Guardiola also did not categorically rule out signing one of the best players he has ever worked with, who is currently a free agent. Liverpool update ‘Champions Wall’ after ending 2019 as European and world champions LATEST The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star TROPHY Getty New job Pep Guardiola has hailed Manchester City youngster Phil Foden as the ‘most talented player’ he has ever seen.The City manager made the comments about the teenage midfielder ahead of their final pre-season tour match against Yokohama. Matic one of two players for sale with ‘two Premier League clubs’ interested LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS latest Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 2:33Loaded: 6.47%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -2:33 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen Ally McCoist pays tribute to David Silva who is to leave Man City at the end of next season Dani Alves left Paris Saint-Germain at the end of his contract and is now looking for a new club.City do not currently have a vacancy at right-back but there has been speculation over the future of Danilo. Were he to move on, City could be tempted.Guardiola said: “All the important clubs in the world know his situation and the incredible player he is. He is an extraordinary person, but we have two incredible full-backs. That is what it is.” read more
Coola Post Primary School have reached the Connacht Senior C League semi-finals.They beat Glenamaddy by 2-8 to 1-10 yesterday in their quarter-final.In yesterday’s Senior B quarter-final, St Muredach’s of Ballina beat Carrick-on-Shannon Community School by 4-16 to 1-14.
Gardai and the emergency services are at the scene of a car crash in the Oldtown area of Letterkenny.Just one car is believed to be involved in the crash which occurred around 4.15pm.A black Toyota car went off the road and ended up in a field. At least one person is understood to have sustained injuries.Motorists are being advised to avoid the area for the moment.One man injured in Letterkenny crash was last modified: November 4th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) read more
For Hub City TimesSONOMA, CA – Sixteen-year-old Derek Kraus, Stratford, had a solid day in the No. 16 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry in the Carneros 200 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race at Sonoma Raceway on June 23, starting eighth and coming home 10th.His teammate, Hailie Deegan battled to a seventh-place finish in her first race on a road course.Cole Rouse had top-five finish disappear due to contact from another car less than four laps from the finish. Rouse had charged from 14th on the grid to run as high as second. He was closing in on fourth place when he got tagged from behind.Kraus remains third in the championship standings. He has one win, four top-five, and five top-10 finishes in six starts this season.The Carneros 200, won in dominant fashion by Will Rodgers, is slated to be televised on NBCSN on June 28.The next event on the K&N Pro Series West schedule will be the Clint Newell Toyota 150 presented by NAPA AUTO PARTS at Douglas County Speedway in Roseburg, OR, on June 30. read more
Already, Google catches simple misspellings as you type and offers up suggestions for popular search topics. If that isn’t enough, the search engine may soon be able to sense your frustration when you’re unable to find what you’re looking for and change its behavior accordingly. While it’s simple enough to see this frustration by watching changes in language, body language and facial expressions, Google (thankfully) doesn’t have a webcam pointed in your face. It does, however, have all it needs in five other user behaviors that appear to indicate user frustration.According to a study (.pdf) by the Google User Experience team, there are “five signals that seemed to indicate that users were struggling in the search task”. They are “use of question queries, use of advanced operators, spending more time on the search results page, formulating the longest query in the middle of the session, and spending a larger proportion of the time on the search results page.”In the study, the team started with a group of 23 users, who they studied to find “the behavioral signals that suggest a user is having trouble in a search task”. They then applied these findings to a group of 179 participants, who they tasked with 100 searches. By examining their behaviors, they were able to quantify and identify “measurable behavior signals that indicate users are struggling”.Google says that it hopes that the findings might help them to build “a model that will one day make it possible for computers to detect frustration in real time”. Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting mike melanson Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Tags:#Google#web Related Posts read more
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ Inter defender Milan Skriniar says he is enjoying working under Antonio Conte and is happy to play every two or three days. Speaking from Slovakia’s training camp ahead of their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Croatia and Azerbaijan, the 24-year old spoke about how his season was going so far. “On a personal level I feel great and I’m happy that [Antonio] Conte gives me great confidence and always lets me play.” Skriniar has been an ever-present for Inter this season, playing in every Serie A and Champions League game, but he insists he can handle the pressure. “It’s better to play many games in a row. That way, we don’t have to train as much. I like [playing a lot of games]. The goal is always to play at the top.” Conte has instead been complaining about the Nerazzurri’s fixture list, so does the stopper agree with his boss? “It’s true because at the end of games you can feel the energy drop. You are forced to play every two or three days and you feel the fatigue. “Added to this are the continuous journeys, but we are paid to do this and we are happy to play at these levels.” Skriniar has made 102 appearances for the Beneamata since joining from Sampdoria in 2017. read more
Anirban Lahiri secured his breakthrough European Tour title by overhauling Austrian Bernd Wiesberger in a dramatic final round of the Malaysian Open on Sunday.Just three months after coming through qualifying school, Lahiri made up five shots on overnight leader Wiesberger before holding his nerve over the last few holes to emerge a winner by a single stroke after carding a four-under-par 68.”I don’t think it’s sunk in just yet,” said the 27-year-old after finishing 16-under for the tournament. “But I’m pretty sure when it hits home it’s going to be a really happy moment for me.”I think I’ve got a bad habit of making it hard for myself, but I’m happy I got over the line, as ugly as it was towards the end.”Lahiri, who soared into contention with a third round 62 on Saturday, got off to a blistering start at the Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club by birdying four of his first five holes.Wiesberger also picked up shots at his first two holes and it was only when the Austrian double bogeyed the par-five seventh that the duel was on. Lahiri sank a 40-foot putt at the 17th to grab the outright lead for the first time but Wiesberger birdied the 16th to tie the contest up again.It lasted only one hole before Wiesberger made a mess of his approach shot at the 17th to hand the advantage back to Lahiri.Lahiri said Saturday’s round had been crucial to his becoming only the fourth Indian to win a European Tour title and was already calculating his chances of a US Masters debut next year.advertisement”In hindsight that was one of the most crucial rounds of my career and it’s fantastic when you play well at the right times,” he added.”The Masters is definitely one of my targets. I don’t know how far I’ll move up (in rankings), but I’m pretty confident now with this win I should have a pretty good chance.”Wiesberger’s fourth successive top-10 finish put him in the top five on The Race to Dubai, but the 29-year old was left to ruing his closing 74.”It hasn’t quite finished the way I intended to,” said Wiesberger.”After the hiccup on five, I didn’t hit it anywhere near as good as the last 15 rounds. It’s tough to say, but it is what it is and unfortunately I beat myself out of it today.”Englishman Paul Waring (73) and Spaniard Alejandro Canizares (74) finished tied for third on 13 under, while defending champion Lee Westwood returned 75 for a share of fifth. read more